Friday, July 18, 2008

Ashwini Kumar Rath --- In Memoriam

I heard the shocking news of the passing of my friend and post-doc colleague at Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad, years 1992-93, Dr. Ashwini Kumar Rath. He visited Bangalore last year and dropped by my office. It never seemed like it was years since we met last; on an earlier visit to Bangalore. I remember the cups of tea, lunch, and the laughter and fun. He came to Anand with me when I visited Anita there along with some other friends. He was at Sambhalpur University in Orissa. I cannot believe I am writing this obituary already for a friend. His classmates from Institute of Physics Bhubaneshwar must all be as shocked as I am. How must his wife and son feel? And other relatives and friends. Let me observe here a minute of silence.

No comments: